Please note you need to have an admin access to the WordPress website and Paid plan.
If you work with Free WordPress plan
If you work with Free WordPress plan, you cannot verify a website using the meta tag. Please use a Direct/Smart link to monetize your WordPress website or blog.
If you work with Paid plan on WordPress
To verify your website please follow these steps:
Add a website to HilltopAds
- Go to the HilltopAds account.
- Go to the Manage Site & Zones section.
- Click on the button ADD SITE, specify a website domain and select a category - mainstream (if your site doesn't have any age restrictions) or non-mainstream (if your website contain 18+ content). Copy a meta tag.
For WordPress sites only verification with Meta Tag is available.
Add a meta tag to the WordPress website
To verify a website, you should use WordPress plugins. This is the easiest and fastest way to add a meta tag to the head. Download any plugin that allows you to add code to the head, for example, Head and Footer.
- After installing and activating the plugin, open the "Settings" section in the admin panel, then navigate to "Header and Footer" and go to the "Head and Footer" tab. Look for the "<HEAD> page section injection" block.
- In the left block, you will find the code that needs to be displayed on all pages of the website. In the right block, it will be displayed only on the homepage. Therefore, paste the copied meta tag into the right block.
- Return to the HilltopAds account and click on the Verify button.
After clicking, verification occurs automatically.
If this does not happen, then the following is possible:
- the tag is inserted in the wrong place (insert the tag in the HTML code of the main page of your site before the </head> tag)
- not all of the code was copied (copy and paste the code again)
- sometimes technical problems are possible, so please write to the manager